- Algorand is an open-source, permissionless, Pure Proof-of-Stake (PPoS) blockchain protocol for “the next generation of financial products”. As such, Algorand ensures "full participation, protection and speed within a truly decentralized network".
- Algorand is built by a team with deep roots in academic theory and science, led by Turing award winner Silvio Micali, who has dedicated his career to pioneering research in the field of cryptography.
- Algorand competes with large payment and financial networks and focuses on industrial use-cases. One of the more notable use-cases involved the Marshall Island's plans to issue Central Bank Digital Currency.
- Furthermore, Algorand offers highly-customizable smart contracts (ASCs), Asset Tokenization (Algorand Standard Assets), and Atomic Transfers built directly in Layer-1.
- ALGO is the native asset of the Algorand Protocol and serves as the medium of exchange and store of value. ALGO must further be staked by network validators.
|Price Change 24h||$0.04068|
|24h Low / 24h High||$1.36 / $1.49|
|24 Hour Trading Vol||$524,161,192.49|
|Theta Price History|
|7d Low / 7d High||$1.25 / $1.49|
|30d Low / 30d High||$0.9881 / $1.49|
|90d Low / 90d High||$0.3748 / $1.82|
|52 Week Low / 52 Week High||$0.1659 / $1.82|
|All Time High||$3.28|